|Lawrence and Kedzie Avenues (Northwest Corner), c.1935
By the mid-1930s, the intersection of Lawrence and Kedzie Avenues had become one of the retail shopping centers in the Albany Park Community Area on Chicago's North Side. The Thomasson Block building on the northwest corner housed a dance studio, drugstore, hardware store, and Hungarian restaurant.
The Electronic Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2005 Chicago Historical Society.
The Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2004 The Newberry Library. All Rights Reserved. Portions are copyrighted by other institutions and individuals. Additional information on copyright and permissions.