|Union Station at Canal and Jackson Streets, 2004
The only significant fulfilment of the passenger station consolidation project proposed in the 1909 Plan of Chicago came with the completion of the new Union Station in 1925. It was designed by Graham, Burnham & Company, and, much altered, it remains in active use as a commuter terminal and as the sole remaining national railroad passenger station in the city.
The Electronic Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2005 Chicago Historical Society.
The Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2004 The Newberry Library. All Rights Reserved. Portions are copyrighted by other institutions and individuals. Additional information on copyright and permissions.