|Streetcar Terminus at Howard and Clark Streets, 1911
The Clark-Wentworth line of the Chicago street railway system was extended in 1893 to reach the growing North Side community of Rogers Park. From its Clark and Howard terminus, the line ran south through the Loop to 81st and Halsted Streets on Chicago's South Side. By 1957, propane-gas powered buses had replaced streetcars on the line.
The Electronic Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2005 Chicago Historical Society.
The Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2004 The Newberry Library. All Rights Reserved. Portions are copyrighted by other institutions and individuals. Additional information on copyright and permissions.