The Kinzie house, built by Jean Baptise Point DuSable in the 1780s. John Kinzie moved here in 1804, and this house served as the base for his far-flung trading operations. Kinzie lived among the Potawatomi for long stretches, primarily in what is now Michigan. His wife, Eleanor, grew up among the Seneca as a captive.
Source: Chicago Historical Society (ICHi-37462)